Everybody loves to play with brushes in Clip Studio Paint. Today, I’ve compiled 30 different sets of brushes you can download for free from various places on the web.
I’m not making any claims as to how good these brushes are or how best to use them. That is left as an exercise for the reader.
But if you’re looking for some new tools, here’s a bunch that won’t cost you a nickel. It won’t cost you anything to experiment with them. You will notice a certain sameness to many of them after awhile, though.
Remember: You’re better off learning to be a better artist than to accumulate brushes, as tempting and as much fun as they can be. Your ultimate goal is to be able to make the brush you need when you need it. But I get it — this stuff is fun!
- Daub’s Pencil Set
- Blue and Red Pencils: For those who like traditional non-repro and editing graphite… Here’s why.
- Typesprite Brushes: A good beginner set of pencils, brushes, and pens, really.
- DV Brush Set
- Nero’s Brush Set
- Brushes by Elisven
- SerketStalker’s Assorted Brushes
- Watercolor Brushes by Serket-XX
- Brushes by GeekySideburns
- Dangan Ronpa Brushes
- MudBrush Sampler
- MartinaCecilia Textured Brushes
- Happy Little Brushes
- Bri’s Essentials
- Dry Brush Pack
- Red juice’s Brush Set v1.0 (I like the denim brush)
- Ron Chan’s Stubble brush (for scruffy men)
These are brushes that create images, really. Some of them are limited, and some of them might be indispensable to you in the future. Who knows? If any on of these sounds like something you can use, then here you go:
- Hair and Water Brushes
- Square Fairy Dust
- Matt’s Coins Collection: Of extremely limited use, until you score a gig drawing a “DuckTales” comic and want to out-do Geoff Darrow on a money bin shot.
- Bats Brush
- 15 Fence Brushes
- 75 Lace Brushes: Very useful for you fashion gurus or Howard Chaykin wannabes.
- Books Brush
- Foliage Brushes: Focuses on a more painterly style.
- Another set of Foliage Brushes: Has a couple painterly brushes, but also a pen and ink foliage look.
If you know of any more free brushes or brush sets, let me know. Send me a link. I’d love to make a sequel to this post someday soon…